Travel Related Forms

All of the forms listed on this page are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader to view and print these forms. This free software may be downloaded from the Adobe web site.

Tour Plan



The Tour and Activity Plan is designed to help ensure that your unit is properly prepared to handle the risk factors of your adventure, that qualified and trained leadership is in place, and that the right equipment is available for the adventure of a lifetime.

To complete your Tour and Activity Plan, it should be filed online at least THREE WEEKS (21 days) in advance of the trip and is required for the following trips:


  • Trips of 500 miles or more
  • Trips outside of Michigan Crossroads Council borders
  • Trips to any national high-adventure base, National Scout Jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, the Summit Bechtel Scout Reserve or a regionally sponsored event.
  • When conducting any of the following unit activities not associated with a council or district event:
    • Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.)
    • Climbing and rappelling
    • Orientation flights (process flying plan)
    • Shooting sports
    • Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.)
    • At the council’s request
  • Trips to facilities that require a Tour Plan, such as military bases, state parks, etc.
  • When units have ­pre-registered to attend a Council sponsored event (Camporees, Summer Camp, Day Camp, Webelos Camp, etc.) a Tour Plan is not required.
  • Please note that if your tour is inside the Council (whether or not your are going inside your own District) and does not involve activities requiring specialized training (aquatics, climbing, shooting, etc.) your unit does not generally have to file a tour plan unless the facility requires a tour plan (some state parks, military bases, etc.).
  • If you are involved in a Council sponsored tour (for example, Council Contingent to Philmont), the Council will file the tour plan on behalf of the contingent.

How to File Your Tour and Activity Plan

All Tour Plans are to be filed electronically through The link to the Tour and Activity Plan is found as the last item under “Unit Tools” on the menu on the left hand side of the page.  Be sure that your BSA ID number and the council name is in your account profile.  All registered Scouters in a unit can file tour and activity plans on behalf of the unit – EXCEPT Unit Scouter Reserve.

There is a slide show tutorial as well as resource links on this site to assist you in the process to complete your tour plan You can also view the Tour Plan Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

More Travel