Guide to Safe Scouting Updated
The Guide to Safe Scouting has been updated and is now live as both a pdf for download (dated January 2019), or the HTML version.
– Updated language throughout to reference “Scouts BSA” rather than “Boy Scouts.”
– Youth Protection and Adult Leadership Clarified language in the Adult Supervision and Accommodations sections.
– Camping Updated information about Webelos overnight camping. Corrected publication number for Pack Overnight – Campout Site Appraisal Form and provided URL to access form.
– Sports and Activities Clarified Sea Scout participation in Climbing and Rappelling section.
– Animal and Insect Hazards Replaced entire chapter.
– Incident Reporting Provided URL for incident reporting.
– Appendix Replaced Event Safety Checklist