Building Character Celebration North (BCC)
Keynote Speaker: Colonel Gregory Johnson, USAF, Retired, NASA Astronaut, and Eagle Scout
After much preparation and careful coordination, we are excited to officially roll out the Building Character Celebration North in Traverse City, MI on Monday, May 13, 2019 at the NMC Hagerty Center located at 715 E Front St, Traverse City, MI from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
The purpose of the celebration is threefold:
- Recognize Scouting’s youth who have achieved the rank of Eagle Scout or Summit;
- Network and connect Scouts with local business leaders and help share their success;
- Provide an opportunity for local businesses to foster a relationship with our future leaders.
What we need from you, our dedicated group of friends and supporters is simple:
- Raise awareness about this great event and make sure the room is packed to honor these great achievements (your attendance is politely encouraged);
- Solicit sponsorships in order to ensure this event is top-notch;
- Help make this experience one to remember for the youth involved.
Here are some important details regarding the event:
- First and foremost, we will be honoring Northern Michigan’s future leaders who have reached the pinnacle of achievement in Scouting, Sea Scouting, and Venturing.
- We will be awarding this year’s National Eagle Scout Association Outstanding Eagle Scout Award (NOESA) to our very own Timothy Nelson, President of Northwestern Michigan College.
- We will be awarding this year’s North Star Award, given to a community member who has made monumental contributions to Scouting, to Andy Hayes, President of the Northern Lakes Economic Alliance.
- Our Keynote Speaker for the event is Colonel Gregory Johnson, USAF, Retired, NASA Astronaut, and Eagle Scout.