STEM – NOVA Counselor Training
May 8 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This NOVA Counselor Training session will be held
at the Camp Teetonkah Dining Hall
May 8,2019 6:00 to 7:30 PM
This course is intended to provide NOVA counselors with the basic information they need to conduct successful NOVA counseling sessions and activities.
At the end of the session you will:
- Know the overall structure of the BSA STEM initiative
- Understand the role of NOVA Counselor
- Gain a general sense of the NOVA Award requirements
- Learn key strategies for guiding youth in Nova Awards
- Get an overview of the great STEM program activity within the council.
This training is for anyone 21 and over and covers all levels of scouting, Cub Scout Packs, Boy Scout Troops and Venturing Crews.
At the completion of the training you can become a counselor by completing an Adult Application (position code 58) and provide a copy of your Youth Protection training certificate.
For questions about the training or other STEM related questions, contact Hannah Meixner, STEM Executive.
Follow the link below for additional information on Nova Counselors and Supernova Mentors!