Pinewood Derby Race- Dearborn
April 6 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2019 Pinewood Derby Council Race (Dearborn)
All racing/inspection takes place on the same day
Come Race & Enjoy a Day at the Museum
Saturday, April 6, 2019
Due to the venue, NO walk-ins or late registrations will be allowed
Cost is $10 per racer: youth & adult (includes patch & pit pass)
Every attendee, youth & adult, racer & spectator will be required to purchase a ticket to the museum. $10 per ticket (face value of $23)
If you are already a member of The Henry Ford you need not purchase ticket(s)
Schedule of the Day
8-9:30 Arrow of Light & Lion Check In
8-2: Parent/Sibling Check In (limit 100)
9:30: Museum Opens
9:30-10:30 Webelos Check In
10:30-11:30 Bear Check In
11:30-12:30 Wolf Check In
1:00-2:00 Tiger Check In
10:00 am-3pm: Qualifying Races
4pm: Championship Race
5pm: Museum Closes
Each attendee will have complete access to The Henry Ford Museum to enjoy during the day.
If you raced in your pack race, you qualify for the Council race.
Each rank is limited to 150 racers. Parent and Sibling Race is limited to 100 racers. All Scouts participating in a race rank must be currently registered members of The Boy Scouts of America..
- All Cars must have been built from BSA licensed kits.
- Cars will be inspected to the 2019 Great Lakes Field Service Council rules.
- Cars not built according to 2019 rules will be disqualified and will not race.
- Rules can be found on the council website: https://www.scoutingevent.com/272-2019PinewoodDerbyRulesGL
- All race results are final.
- Total fastest time will determine the winner
- Then Top 3 in each rank from the Championship will move onto the Grand Championship (at 4:00 pm)
- Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for each rank & for the overall winners. Specialty trophies will be awarded in each rank for Best in Show, Most Scout Like and Most Patriotic
READY, SET, RACE! – Thank you! Council Pinewood Derby Committee