Gerber Cub Scout Resident Camp 2019 – Session #5
August 4 @ 2:00 pm - August 6 @ 2:00 pm
Betty Ford Adventureland is in the midst of the Manistee National Forest in Twin Lake Michigan and is settle on spring fed Britton Lake. Each Day Cubs Scout are guided by SUPER DEN CHIEFS to Adventure Island that features Two Forts, a lost ship, Covered Wagons, a water trampoline, Huck Finn rafts, a bouldering wall, and BB and archery Ranges. Each night their is a all camp activity after dinner and then everyone returns to Tent Village where Cub Scouts stay in five person wall tents and adults stay in two person tents. Both have tents cots and mattresses in them and are on a platform off the ground.
CUB RESIDENT CAMP PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- A two-night camping experience
- New Cub Scout Program will be featured in program activities
- Evening programs like campfires, skits, and songs
- Exciting activities including Swimming, Boating, Shooting BB Guns and Archery, Fishing, Nature Hikes, Games, and Laughter.
- Adults participates alongside their Scout learning about camping and the outdoors, the Scouting way!!
This program is designed for Cub Scouts going into the 2nd or 3rd grades in the fall of 2019.
Cub Scout Resident Camp’s program is designed to incorporate requirements that will help the Scout complete adventures for the Wolf and Bear ranks only. The age appropriate programming is designed for the Wolf and Bears to help them along their path to earn requirements that may not be easily achieved in the regular den/ pack meeting setting. We highly encourage only scouts working on their Wolf or Bear badges to come to camp. Lions are excluded from activities such as shooting sports, climbing, camping, aquatics and many other activities that are appropriate for Cub Scouts.
Register online for Cub Resident Camps, now or until all sessions reach capacity. You will be able to see the number of slots remaining per session. An early discounted fee of $120 per person is available if registered and paid in full by May 15, 2019.
- At the time of registration a $25.00 non-refundable deposit for each full-time camper is due. You will be expected to provide names and personal details during this online sign-up process.
- We encourage you to register by Pack rather than individually.
- These fees cover the cost of all patches, program supplies, participation awards, meals, lodging, insurance, staffing, and more. T-shirts for Scouts and adults can be ordered at the time of registration for an additional costs.
- Sessions have a limited capacity. These programs are conducted as a two night experience. It is designed especially for scouts going into 3rd grade.