Agaming Maangogwan Spring Induction/Big Camporee
June 7 @ 6:00 pm - June 9 @ 10:00 am
Join Scouts and Arrowmen from around the Water and Woods Council!
THE BIG CAMPOREE at Cole Canoe Base, Alger, MI
Sponsored by: Order the Arrow – Agaming Maangogwan Lodge
Ordeal Candidate cost is $48 – youth or adult (no discount).
Vigil candidate cost- $20
The early bird fee is $20 per person and includes all four weekend meals:
- Adult OA $20
- Youth OA $20
- Brotherhood Candidate $20
- Adult Guest $20
- Youth Guest $20
The regular fee is $30 per person if paid AFTER Thursday, May 31.
Registration closes (due to activity plans & meal count) Monday, June 4th.
What’s included in the fee:
- Four cooked meals served at the Pavilion
- Afternoon & Evening Program Activities
- Saturday Night Campfire & Fellowship
- Silk Screening – BRING a T-SHIRT or other item to Screen
- Great working spirit towards Cole Canoe Base to help in Saturday morning projects!
- Fellowship for all Scouts and Scouters around the council!
What’s Not Included:
- Activity Patch (we are screening t-shirts and passing out tokens instead)
- Dirty faces and hands (though this may happen)
Check-in Friday night June 7 starting at 6:30 pm at the Camp Pavilion next to the parking lot. Check-out is Sunday morning.
Health Forms are required, as usual. Please keep with you in your unit.
Arrowmen registering ALONE will need to turn one in upon check-in .
Troops will be camping in the traditional Cole Campsites. Some troops may have to share sites. Arrowmen arriving alone will be assigned campsites, too. Troop Equipment is regular gear for a camporee weekend MINUS the cooking equipment.
Remember – three meals on Saturday AND Sunday breakfast are included in the fee.
Ground Fires are allowed in the campsite fireplace containers. Please follow BSA policies. Water is available at campsite latrines.
Remember to BRING A TENT!
- Work clothes & gloves are needed for Saturday morning projects. All will be assigned a task.
- Play clothes (i.e. Scout shorts & activity shirt) are needed for Saturday afternoon activities.
- BSA Uniform is needed for Friday & Saturday night.
- OA Sash IF you are an Arrowman
- Extra T-Shirts can be brought to silk screen.
Friday Night Plans: General Gathering (for all) & Vigil Ceremony (for Vigils ONLY!)
Saturday Morning Plans: Camp Service Projects. All will be assigned a task.
Saturday Afternoon Plans: Games, Silk Screening, Canoeing, Etc.
Saturday Evening Plans: Supper, Campfire and Ceremonies. Have your troop skit ready!
Sunday Plans: Breakfast, Scouts’ Own Religious Service, Closing, Departure
OA Involvement: Vigil Ceremony and NEW Brotherhood Ceremony
Trading Post / OA Memorabilia:
You may purchase most of the OA memorabilia items available for sale in the Trading Post. OA profits are returned to Scouting. Over $8,000.00 was given back to Scouts, Camps,Camperships, NYLT & the Council in 2018!