The Adventure Plan (TAP) Resource
The Adventure Plan (TAP) is a tool to guide unit leaders—Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, and Sea Scouts— through all stages of Adventure planning.
Outdoor adventure is a key element of youth development in the Boy Scouts of America programs. Just as young people grow, learn and mature in a continuing progression of experience so, too, do the camping and outdoor programs of the BSA. The BSA offers a continuum of experiences based on the age, interest and ability level of youth, and also offers recognition awards for all levels of Scouting outdoor Adventures.
The ABC’s about the Annual Health & Medical Record
From the Annual Health and Medial Record website, a pre-participation physical is needed for resident campers (at summer or winter camps) and for Scouts and adult leaders attending events that last 72 hours or more.
Why is an Annual Health and Medical Record required?
Since at least the 1930s, the BSA has required the use of standardized health and medical information. The Annual Health and Medical Record …
- Promotes health awareness
- Collects necessary data
- Provides medical professionals with critical information needed to treat a patient in the event of an illness or injury
- Supplies emergency contact information
- Prepares participants for high-adventure activities and increased physical activity
- Reviews participants’ readiness for gatherings like the national Scout jamboree and other specialized activities
- Enables councils to operate day and resident camps in a way that adheres to state and BSA requirements
- Standardizes medical records in a way that can be used by members in all 50 states
Which are the different parts of the Annual Health and Medical Record?
The Annual Health and Medical Record (AHMR) comes in three parts:
- Part A is an informed consent, release agreement and authorization that needs to be signed by every participant (or a parent and/or legal guardian for all youth under 18).
- Part B is general information and a health history.
- Part C is your pre-participation physical certification completed by a certified and licensed physician.
Summer Camp 2019
Summer camp is just around the corner. It’s not too early to start thinking about your summer plans and adventures. The Michigan Crossroads Council offers a variety of summer camp opportunities for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA and Venturers.
FREE Cub Scout Camp Placemats
It may be winter time — but it’s time to start thinking about summer and all the adventures ahead this summer for your Cub Scouts and families. Order the 2019 Cub Scout Camp placemats to help you promote all of the fun and adventure that the Michigan Crossroads Council camps have in store for you.
KAPVIK Pilot Program
The Kapvik pilot program is an official Northern Tier program aimed at bringing world class winter camping opportunities to more scouts than ever before. Kapvik will be held at Gerber Scout Reservation and Owasippe Scout Reservation near Muskegon Michigan over four weekends including:
|Holiday Stay||Dec 27, 2018 – Jan 1, 2019|
|Session 1||Jan 3-7, 2019|
|Cold Weather Leader Training||Jan 10-15, 2019|
|Session 2||Jan 18-21, 2019|
New to Camping?
New to camping? We’ve got you covered with tips on planning, meal prepping and packing for your first family camping experience.
New Camping Reservation System
The Outdoor Adventures Team of the Michigan Crossroads Council is pleased to announce that beginning July 4, 2018, the current camping reservation system will have a new look and feel to the site.
To assist you with navigating the new site, we would encourage you to view the videos below. As more tutorials are released, we will share them with you and post on https://michiganscouting.org/outdooradventures
For more information about our awesome camp properties and facilities visit https://michiganscouting.org/outdooradventures/properties/
If you need assistance with the new camp reservation system, please contact the Outdoor Adventures Hotline at camp.michigan@scoutingor 517-816-7755.
Thank you for all you do to provide Scouting adventures to our Scouts and families.
Outdoor Adventures Director