DIVERSITY — OPPORTUNITY — COMMUNITY
Bring your varied life experiences, education, and perspective, and in return you will have an opportunity to combine those skills and experiences in a career that values and respects others.
Scouting … a Profession with a Purpose
Since 1910, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has helped build future leaders of this country by combining educational and outdoor adventure activities with lifelong values and fun. While the BSA has a major focus on the development of young men, the BSA also has coeducational programs, such as Venturing, available to both young women and young men.
Current Job Openings
Summer Camp Jobs: Why Work at Camp?
Does this describe you or someone you know? You love the outdoors. You love hiking and biking and sailing. And – your good friend says you’re great with kids. If you relate to this, then there’s the perfect place waiting for you at an MCC Boy Scout or Cub Scout Resident Summer Camp this summer. Over half a million college & high school students will find their way from their campus to camp this summer to fill openings at camps across the United States. The MCC will employ over 500 Scouts and Scouters at our camps this summer!
Imagine a job where almost anything is possible
- Live, play, and work in the great outdoors.
- Go on active adventures.
- Experience the awesome diversity of our MCC camps.
- Make new friends from all over — even from other countries.
- Bank more money than you think — with few expenses.
- Become a child’s hero.
- Learn leadership skills.
Summer Camp jobs offer invaluable skill-building, leadership, training, and enrichment opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else! Regardless of your college major, camp experiences allow you to learn and develop skills that will enhance your job marketability. The benefits go far beyond a paycheck, too. Business executives often note that experience as a camp counselor translates into excellent management and personnel skills. College credit can sometimes be obtained from working at camp. Check with your college advisor to see if you qualify.
For more information on working at our camps this summer, contact Outdoor Adventures at Camp.Michigan@Scouting.org , the Outdoor Adventures staff member listed below, or download the summer camp staff application from the Outdoor Adventures Forms & Resources page (Summer Camp Employment section). Interviews are now being scheduled, don’t miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime!
- Cole Canoe Base Boy Scout Resident Summer Camp – Gus Chutorash
- Camp Rotary Boy Scout Resident Summer Camp – Andrew Wright
- D-bar-A Scout Ranch Boy Scout Resident Summer Camp – Jerry Deeg
- D-bar-A Scout Ranch Cub Scout Resident Summer Camp – Dianna Marsh
- Gerber Scout Reservation Boy Scout Resident Summer Camp – Shawn Dennany
- Gerber Scout Reservation Cub Scout Resident Summer Camp – Dianna Marsh
- Rota-Kiwan Scout Reservation Cub Scout Resident Summer Camp – Dianna Marsh
- Rota-Kiwan Scout Reservation Summer Time Adventure Camp – Dianna Marsh
- Camp Munhacke Cub Scout Resident Summer Camp – Dianna Marsh