Since 1950, D-bar-A-Scout Ranch has been providing quality scouting experiences for Scouts, Schools, and Churches from Southeast Michigan and around the Midwest. D-bar-A is located about an hour North of Detroit, MI. The ranch consists of over 1,700 acres of wilderness, 3 lakes, a herd of horses, Long Horn Steer, and other livestock, 28 heated cabins, and 11 tent sites. Program facilities also include a 32 foot climbing tower, Lonesome Pines Boy Scout Shooting Center (Rifle, Shotgun, and Archery), Robert Morrison Cub Scout Shooting Center (BB Gun and Archery), Nature Center, Bouldering Wall, and 11 miles of hiking trails.
Cub Scout Summer Camp Theme 2017
Your child will explore mythology at D-bar-A this summer. Program areas will be themed with scouts making pottery at the craft are, targets at shooting sports will reflect mythology and don’t forget Pegasus the horse which will give Cub Scouts the chance to learn to ride horses!
- Best Horse Programs east of the Mississippi
- Boy Scout Summer Camp program with stellar opportunities for Scouts and Leaders of all ages
- Cub Scout Summer Camp program including horseback riding, rock throwing, STEM and more!
- Nationally renowned Trail to Eagle Program
- Unbeatable facilities including 28 heated cabins, Yurts, Adirondack Shelters and 11 tent camping sites
Upcoming Events at D-bar-A
We always have many special events at D-bar-A Scout Ranch for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturers.