Calling All Scout & Venture Leaders!
The 2017 National Scout Jamboree is scheduled for July 19–28, 2017. This will be the second Jamboree event at the BSA’s new jamboree home, the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve. It will be the most action-packed Scouting event ever, with mountain biking, paddle boarding, zip lines, canopy tours, rafting, kayaking, Scuba and much, much more.
Southern Shores FSC is in the process of putting together our contingent troops starting early January of 2016. The steering committee will be looking for leaders who want to attend the event with our contingent Boy Scout Troops (4) and Venture Crew (1). Estimated cost for the 10 day trip is approx. $1650. This covers the Jamboree fee, Jamboree provided gear, transportation, food and camp equipment.
A contingent Troop is made up of 36 scouts and 4 leaders or Venturing Crew 8 youth and 2 adult leaders. The only way to attend the National Jamboree is through a Council contingent Troop, Crew or volunteer as Staff.
Responsibilities of the Adult Leaders include:
* Monthly Leader and Contingent troops/crew Jamboree meetings, once they are formed.
* Interviews of the youth who are participating to find the youth leaders to lead the troops/crew.
* Participate in recruiting the contingent unit’s scouts.
* Shake-Down weekend is planned approximately two months before the Jamboree in May 2017.
* Available to attend the entire 10 day Jamboree. July 19th – 28th, 2017
If you are interested in a role in one of our Troops or Crews, please review the Scoutmaster and Crew Advisor Qualifications below and complete the registration instructions found here: https://scoutingevent.com?SSFSC2017Jambo. All Applications must be completed and submitted online.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Southern Shores FSC,
Lead Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or cell: 734-239-3921